Friday, February 13, 2009

It's In The Bag

After drooling over so many beautiful handmade bags online, I decided to take a class at my local quilt shop and learn how to assemble one myself. This is the third one I have made so far and the options are endless for this pattern. The bag pattern is called "Charm Party Tote" and is designed by Penny Sturges. The pattern calls for using a charm pack and 1 yard of fabric. I decided to change it up a bit and use strips of fabric instead. I think it gives it a more modern look. I even used an antique button.


There are 6 inside pockets which I think is a must for busy Moms. I machine quilted the fabric before putting it all together and even quilted my sister in law's name inside. Yes, I gave this one as a gift for last Christmas. It was hard to part with but I think it's in good hands.

No comments: