Thursday, February 26, 2009

Basket of Hope


A few years ago I was fortunate enough to attend a class at my local quilt shop taught by Pat Sloane. She is a very skilled quilt maker and pattern writer. I was never very interested in traditional applique and fiddling with the needle turn method. When I heard there was another way to do applique and there was an opportunity to take a class by someone like Pat Sloane, I was all over it! This pattern is called "Basket Of Hope", and is actually just a small part of a larger pattern. This wall hanging top is what I was able to do during our class time. I finished the quilting and binding at home.

As you can see the applique is held down by decorative blanket stitches...by machine. My little fingers were very relieved.

I really enjoy adding my own creative touches with quilting.

No comments: