Friday, July 24, 2009

Quilt Along Sampler

Drumroll please... I have finally finished my quilt for Crazy Mom Quilts Quilt along Sampler. I used my 1930's reproduction fabrics for this quilt in pink, green and yellow. There are 12 different blocks, and we made one each week.
This was alot of fun to put together and I kept up with the quilt along for most of it. Since I don't know many people in my area that quilt, it's nice to join an online quilt along and feel like I am a part of something. It is amazing how the internet brings people together.
I really like this pieced border. It gives it a scrapy look. It took me awhile to get to quilting it because I always seem to be distracted by a new project. I was determined to get to the pile of quilts I needed to quilt. I quilted it in an all over meander pattern and washed it up for that crinkly antique look.
Once again I pieced my binding. I just didn't have enough of one fabric to do it. That's what happens when you collect fat quarters and not yardage.
Thankyou to Amanda Jean for the wonderful quilt along!

No comments: