Thursday, July 2, 2009

Quilt Bug

My sister, and her husband and kids came for a visit as they were passing through moving from Kansas to Germany. They stayed with us for 3 wonderful weeks and it went all too quickly! While she was here she asked if I could help her quilt her bug quilt. She did such an awesome job putting this quilt together, and it is only her 2nd quilt! She has definitely caught the Quilt Bug!



There are so many cute little frogs, snails and bugs that she paper pieced together. She added extra batting to create some depth in the design.


Besides meandering on the black fabric around the jars, I stitched a spiderweb in metallic thread following hand drawn lines my sister made. If you look closely I also quilted a wood grain on the brown batik fabric that makes up the bookshelf. That was great fun!


The picture above is my sister busy adding the binding onto the quilt. Maybe I will be lucky and she we send me a picture of the finished product! I can't wait to see it.

No comments: