Monday, August 31, 2009

Home Stretch

Today I'm in the "Home Stretch" of Kim's Challenge to Finish it in August. This was a very simple table runner that I did for my very own table. I used panels for the centers of the block. I wish I could say it was applique like the BOM I did from a previous post. Yes folks, I took the easy way out. I did get to practice my free motion quilting skills following the lines on the center blocks. Panels are a wonderful way to practice those skills. Then I meandered the rest of the runner with a loopy pattern.
Here is a peak of the fabric I am using to eek out the rest of the August challenge. It is August 31st, so I still have a few hours left.Is this not the cutest Christmas fabric? Check back tomorrow to see what I made!

2 comments:

Busy Little Quilter said...

Congratulations on your finishes for Kim's challenge. The table runner is pretty. I especially love your large applique quilt. I have several quilts with applique that I put away to work on something else, too. I need another month to finish some things!

Jan said...

What a great tablerunner DeeLee! It turned out really nice. Can you believe that I have yet to make a TR!!! I've been quilting for yrs, but have never done one ... your gorgeous creation has got the wheels of my brain turning in that direction :) Great job!